Pokemon Data Files
The Pokemon Data files are one of the more crucial elements of Pokemon 3d.
Almost Every detail about a Pokemon is located in these files. Each file contains at least 33 lines.
These files are contained in a sub folder of the Content folder.
Name| Number| ExperienceType| BaseExperience| Type1| Type2| CatchRate| BaseFriendship| EggGroup1| EggGroup2| BaseEggSteps| EggPokemon| Devolution| IsGenderLess| IsMale| Ability1| Ability2| Ability3| Machines| EggMoves| BaseHP| BaseAttack| BaseDefense| BaseSpAttack| BaseSpDefense| BaseSpeed| FPHP| FPAttack| FPDefense| FPSpAttack| FPSpDefense| FPSpeed| CanFly| CanSwim| Pokedex|\Pokémon\g\m\0,148,0 Scale| Move| TradeValue| Item| EvolutionCondition|
Here is a blank format for the pokemon data.
Each line is explained below
This is the name of the species. Used to find the Battle animations.
This is the number of the species. Used to find the cries and overworld sprites.
Chooses between the different level paths based on this number. 0 = Fast 1 = Medium Fast 2 = Medium Slow 3 = Slow
This is the base EXP a level 1 Pokemon gives when defeated.
These decide the types of a Pokemon.
Type two should be blank if not used.
This decides how hard or easy a Pokemon is to catch. The lower the number the harder it is.
This is how much friendship a Pokemon will have with you when it is first caught.
Determines what Pokemon this species can breed with.
The usual amount of steps needed to hatch an egg.
The pokemon that will hatch from an egg mothered by this species.
The pokemon this pokemon evolves from. 0 means none
If 0 the Pokemon has a gender, If 1 it doesn't.
The chance this Pokemon will be Male. Female is 100-Male.
Ability1|## Ability2|## Ability3|##
The Index numbers of the Abilities possible for this Pokemon. If there is no Ability put 'Nothing'. The third ability will be the hidden ability when such are implemented.
Machines|##, ##, ##, etc.
A list of all of the TMs and HMs a Pokemon can learn listed by the index number of the move.
EggMoves|##, ##, ##, etc.
A list of all of the egg moves a Pokemon can receive by breeding listed by the index number of the move.
Decides the Base Stat of the species.
Determines how many EVs a Pokemon gets when it beats this species.
Determines the location of a Pokemon in relation to the ground in battle. Has nothing to do with the HMs.
- Text1 - Pokedex Entry
- Text2 - Species Name
- #.#1 - Weight(kg)
- #.#2 - Height(m)
- #1-3 - Colors
Determines the size of the battle animations used to make smaller Pokemon small and larger ones big.
These rows make of the level up move sets for the Species. Each move has a separate line. Each line has 2 values: Level learned and Move ID.
The value of a pokemon when traded.
The item a pokemon might have when caught in the wild. First number is the percent chance second number is the item ID.
Evolution conditions may be stacked by making multiple lines for the same target.
If multiple lines contain valid, triggered evolutions for different pokemon, then one of those pokemon will be choosen at random and it will evolve into it. there are four values:
- int1 - Target species
- str1 - Condition type
- str2 - Condition
- str3 - Trigger
When the condition is met when the trigger method is used it will evolve into the target species. Condition types:
- Level - If the pokemon's level is higher than the number given it will evolve.
- Item - If the an item with the given ID is used on the pokemon it will evolve.
- Holditem - If the Pokemon is holding the given item it will evolve.
- Location or Place - If the map's location name(not file name) matches the condition it will evolve.
- Friendship - If the Pokemon's friendship value is greater than or equal to the condition then it will evolve.
- Trade - Evolves if traded.
- Gender - Evolves if it is the correct gender.
- atkdef - Evolves if the attack is greater than the defense.
- defatk - Evolves if the defense is greater than the attack.
- defequalatk - Evolves if the defense equals the attack.
- daytime - If the current time of day matches it will evolve.
- inparty - evolves if the given pokemon is in the party.
- Level or Levelup - When the pokemon levels up it will check the condition.
- Trade or Trading - When the pokemon is traded it will check the condition.
- Item or itemuse - When an item is used on the pokemon it will check the condition.