GameMode Return of 1 Year Later 3D

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
quick update,
generating a new Game UI for text boxes and reworking the menu select screens.
looks good so far too.

also I might have to change the Rules description a tad bit due to recent changes, hope you guys wont mind too much.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
adding a bit more things to do before Tin Tower, aka end game.
should ease the difficulty more from the end game boss and few little secrets revealed given on two locations before/during Tin Tower run.

I know I know... its taking forever! it isnt by decision to have the progression at a stalemate. my day job schedule has been all over the place so i couldnt get much done for a week... al i did was set up new trainers and add Pokemon Encounters. still been busy then and making new sprites for the sake of the upcoming updates along with the ones i need to use now for the end game of the first release.

geez guys... working solo is hard . -.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
I feel your pain... I also have to do thing solo but double the work that's all.
its not just only scripting and sprites and ui stuff, its always just always the question on every step is, "how and where do I go from here?" and "how would this effect the story" and "what should I do to lesson the strain on players" and "what would I do in these situations and If I was Female, how would I proceed from here?" and ALOT of other questions that i constantly ask myself and trying to make this game as much interesting as possible. not only that, but changing Johto as a whole since its a year later from the original setting and how would it effect the game and what would make since for the other generations of games. for example, a big one is Gen 4. hence the update posts says so.

every new thing I add, i get another load of questions that needs to answer and have the best course of action to proceed.
its freaking hard and very challenging. and all i got going with is constant progression in character development and world history. and plus my job is killing me with a tight schedule and its a pain in the butt to even get done. stalling and stalling and more people are getting very impatient.

but as much as I could, I post every so often how the project is going and every time i say, omg its almost here! i end up making more things to do and add them in the game. its great at the end of it all, but its constant stalling and promise breaking and it really sucks...

I would've released it alot sooner at just at the top of tin tower, but it felt that i left a few things unanswered and have more time on certain characters before ending the first release. adding and adding and all it does is just stalling. I hate it... but its worth it in the end. (has what i keep telling myself that...)

All i wish to have right now is a bit of help, but i cant ever ask that because all the ideas i have arnt in this community yet and i want to create that first so people can see that and hopefully by then, i can get some help. because at the end of the first release, its legitimately 10% of the Entire 1 Year Later 3D project. and its alot...

planning on 2 Arks is 50% each. and the end of Ark 2 is the end of 1YL3D. with all the endings and love put to it. and as of right now, im WAAAAAAAY far off to that goal. and its a pain in the butt...

anyway... thanks for reading the lovely readers to so happen to read this long post.
imma go get some sleep.... its been a long night from work...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
posting to keep you guys notified on what im doing,
currently re-positioning Pokemon Encounters and few Trainer Changes, I also changed the Wild Battle Music to fit the other 2 Songs thats with Trainer and Special Battles.
heres the List of them.

Wild Battles - http://mfi.re/listen/pkdx4bn92b6w16p/148404_Rose_at_Midnight.mp3
Trainer Battles - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/45kgfi9p83haquk/280967_Rose_At_Meridiem.mp3
Special Battles - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/9cjci6bmvgqsjsk/193466_Rose_At_Twilight.mp3

as you noticed, the names are identical and they are made by a Musician from NewGrounds called "NemisisTheory"
the music in Nemisis catalog are great and should support'em.

also, still changing alot of the gamemode as a whole again. which is related to a major change to the game and alot of scripts are being re-edited for that reason.
Its both Story, and Gameplay Orientated. im sure you guys dont mind waiting a tad bit longer...

however i can take an exception of having anyone trying it out for now before releasing it to the public.
but still need to set up everything before that.
or i can just not do that and make the official download thread.

anywho, hope you guys dont have to keep waiting... really need these to be done... Q- Q

Thanks for Reading!

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
its around that time of year again, and oh my, its gunna be my birthday :eek:
so i guess i can share something and go ahead and change the rules immediately.

ok, here we go... um... lets see.... how do I put this.... um.... hmm...

Well... the bottom line is that Your Starter is kinda changed.
It's no longer Eevee, but you can guess already what i've teased throughout the thread.
It is kinda odd to do a thing but I realized something that in a grand scale, you wont even able to try all of the eeveelutions, but in this way... I have ALOT of plans and one aspect of it is related to the Humanoid Form which is also related to something new in the X & Y series. (cant say unless you already can read through it.)

dont get me wrong, this isnt a delay, but its what I was doing at the end of the Playthrough and thought how i can make the game more interesting. and this happened. Again, I hope you guys dont hate me for it. but at least you'll be traveling with a Adorable Eevee Subspecies.

atm, still polishing Mt. Mortar's Sequence right before Tin Tower. trying to tie in a good ribbon so no loose threads are open y'know?
its hard to come up with newer ideas in small section and character build-ups. and also taking pokemon lore into consideration. so Mt. Mortar has to be a thing and needs to be introduced. It's related to a Story/Event Sequence much later in the game's future.

ok enough me babbling... I hope you like what im doing (even though im trying to keep secrets...)

ok back to 1YL3D, need to make some sprites here Q- Q

EDIT: PS: the new eeveelutions will still be in the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
Future Spoilers

Ran from defeat, and gone into hiding to be kept secret from trainers of days past of a Organization that gone into ashes. for it was no more. fled into a new land and lived for a couple of years, where he found his new calling and to reestablish his conquest for world domination. oh false king of the new world, for you, I bless thee...

-Marie R Esquire​

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
Where's the download for this?
sorry about that, It's still in progress. though work has been hitting me hard and not enough is getting put into it. but im doing some work to it right now.
atm im making some sprites for a new scene and making some transitions to work. once its done then i can go polish Tin Tower. then after that, i'll go upload it and have it ready for you guys on the download thread.
(I think i might have to delete this thread after the game is released.... I dunno... in favor pf posting updates on that thread instead.)

Darkfire

Administrator
Administrator
P3D Developer
sorry about that, It's still in progress. though work has been hitting me hard and not enough is getting put into it. but im doing some work to it right now.
atm im making some sprites for a new scene and making some transitions to work. once its done then i can go polish Tin Tower. then after that, i'll go upload it and have it ready for you guys on the download thread.
(I think i might have to delete this thread after the game is released.... I dunno... in favor pf posting updates on that thread instead.)
once you release we will lock the thread but we wont delete it b/c you or others might need to reference it

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
once you release we will lock the thread but we wont delete it b/c you or others might need to reference it
ah, i see. thats a better way of leaving this thread behind/
yeah, anyway, imma go think about things on how to proceed in the game. this will be the last posts and the next one will be the post about a planed release. (it may vary)

be patient

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
~An Overpowering foe awaits on February 20th on top of Tin Tower~

~The Hype~
You may not be ready to win against him, but you can try.

yeup, somewhat vague. sorry but thats how it is. it isnt much to be excited but i do have a planed release now.
gunna get ready before then.

Last edited: