• There isn't very much activity here anymore. We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

[Tools] Collection of tools for sprite making / mapping / modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
Is it possible to zip up the necessary .dll files I need to run XNA formatter?
That is what I am trying to run atm.
Nope the entire reason why u need to download XNA Game studio is it provides the necessary files.

Those files cannot be distributed separately.
Well, and this may be tedious for you, if i send you a zip with a bunch of .png's could you convert them for me every so often? :)
Until I can figure out why windows 8 won't run this program.
Semi-Great news! I got the program installed and running. But the formatter still doesnt run. Do the .dll files need to be in the same folder?
If not: O_O :banghead:
If so: Where can I find them?

Splint

Gym Leader
Contributor
Once u have visual studio installed with XNA Game studio all u need is to have XNAFormatter.exe and xnbbuilder.dll in the same folder together and then run XNAFormatter.exe

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
Saids it cant find the correct files did u install XNA Game studio?
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23714

It needs both visual studio and the FULL Xna game studio
May have found the problem? Is Visual studio '12 supported?
Cause that is what I have. But the weird part is, when I installed game studio, I didnt get a program. I have a folder in my program files (x86) but it is just folder after folder leading up to a collection of files deemed apart of something called "DX" Here is the path if it helps any
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v4.0\Redist\DXRedist

Splint

Gym Leader
Contributor
Might be that visual studio 12 is indeed the issue am using the Visual studio express 2010 (C#) Edition and i dont think 2012 edition supports XNA 4.0

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
Might be that visual studio 12 is indeed the issue am using the Visual studio express 2010 (C#) Edition and i dont think 2012 edition supports XNA 4.0
I have Visual C# 2010 Express installed. But is that the same as Visual Studio Express C#?

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
I may have found the problem. Something is keeping XNA from installing correctly. So it isnt. I have the logs, but I don't think they can do much good here.

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
I am posting again. Ugh I feel so annoying.
Damn me and my high tech software.
I found the error:
Code:
Your version of XNA Game Studio 4.0 and below isn't compatible with this version of Windows.
I found a troubleshoot and Im working on that. I'll keep you posted just in case others have this issue.

Splint

Gym Leader
Contributor
So u have it working now?

If so can u post the steps you followed on getting it to work on win 8 in case there are others that want to use it as well on windows 8 thanks.

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
So u have it working now?

If so can u post the steps you followed on getting it to work on win 8 in case there are others that want to use it as well on windows 8 thanks.
Err Right.
This is if you are getting errors with XNA formatter
1. Download Microsoft Visual Studio C#
2. Install (I had no issues installing)
3. Download XNA Game studio
4. Attempt an Install on XNA
***IF SOMETHING POPS UP BEFORE INSTALL WIZARDS BEGINS -GET ONLINE HELP-
5. If #4 fails (you should have clicked "Get online Help" if it did) If #4 doesn't fail, you have no need to continue
6. If error states
Code:
Your version of XNA Game Studio 4.0 and below isn't compatible with this version of Windows.
Go to #7. If not, go to #9
7. Download and run this:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient
8. Attempt install, should run perfect. Download the rest of needed files (first post) and good to go.
9. Follow troubleshooting process provided.

DracoHouston

Kolben Developer
Contributor
Saids it cant find the correct files did u install XNA Game studio?
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23714

It needs both visual studio and the FULL Xna game studio
May have found the problem? Is Visual studio '12 supported?
Cause that is what I have. But the weird part is, when I installed game studio, I didnt get a program. I have a folder in my program files (x86) but it is just folder after folder leading up to a collection of files deemed apart of something called "DX" Here is the path if it helps any
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v4.0\Redist\DXRedist
no, you need visual studio 2010. visual c# express 2010 will do. you need 2010 pro to compile XNA games using vb.net so just get the c# compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.