The Shiny that got away...

blackvirus

Pokémon Ranger
well when i was playing my old silver version on my gbc i found a shiny zubat in the ilex forest. now i love zubats and i just learned recently at that point what shiny pokemon even were so i had two pokeballs to do this capture. i took his health down little past half and didnt want to damage it any more. so i used the first ball....fail. than i used the second one and i failed again... i will never forget about that zubat that got away haha. anyone else who found a shiny pokemon but it got away? :p

MrHippocrit

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
When I found my first shiny, it was my very first shiny and I found it in this game, it was a Vulpix. When I saw that it was shiny, I was so damn shocked! I was like: CATCH IT! CATCH IT! I threw my Ghastly and used nightshade/Lick to weaken the Vulpix, Vulpix had like 25% hp left and I started throwing balls. The first 3 missed and then Vulpix used Roar and I skipped a beat.... LUCKILY. Ghastly is IMMUNE to Roar! And I was able to catch it with the next ball! :D

Maria

Dragon Tamer
Contributor
It could be worse. ;)
I haven't lost any shinies myself, luckily.
My first was a shiny tentacool in pokemon crystal. My second shiny was in pokemon diamond. I wanted to try to use the pokeradar to chain roselias, hoping to find one that was shiny. The very first time I started the radar, I saw some sparkling grass. I walked into the patch of sparkling grass and found... a shiny female smeargle. x) I was extatic that I found a shiny pokemon on my very first try. :)

blackvirus

Pokémon Ranger
haha well at least im not the only one i guess. plus shiny crobat isnt really the coolest looking haha its pink soooo... lol. And yeah i liked the chaining they had in diamond and pearl and platinum. i cought a shiny geodude that way lol.

blackvirus

Pokémon Ranger
haha whenever you feel like that just look at my signiture hahaha. And ive always collected shinies so to me they are quite the big deal. i used to spend forever soft resetting my games for shinies especially rayquaza. hes probably my favorite shiny pokemon in the game. Well i never really got a shiny legendary without and AR haha.