Pokeditor: Updates, Changes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
Hello there Mappers, lately you may have noticed that the program most people use to Map, Pokeditor, has lacked updates :eek: Oh no!

Well, I have been hard at work to put into the program some very cool functions.
This is where you will download updates of Pokeditor from now on :D

Please post suggestions you have for the editor, and all bugs or problems you encounter.
Here are some tutorials I have been making periodically to help with the editor.

Download Link

Recent Changelog
•Size Y
•Fill
•Name & ID
•Screenshot Function

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
Credit for the original creation of the program goes to DracoHouston

DracoHouston

Kolben Developer
Contributor
Hello there Mappers, lately you may have noticed that the program most people use to Map, Pokeditor, has lacked updates :eek: Oh no!

Well, I have been hard at work to put into the program some very cool functions.
This is where you will download updates of Pokeditor from now on :D

Please post suggestions you have for the editor, and all bugs or problems you encounter.
Here are some tutorials I have been making periodically to help with the editor.

Download Link

NOTE: In the new version, to open an existing map, all "Size" tags must contain 3 integers. To Change this, access the .dat file and change the Size tag.

Example:
Before - {"Size"{intArr[8,3]}}
Change to: - {"Size"{intArr[8,1,3]}}
This is under the process of being fixed.

Recent Changelog
•Size Y
•Fill
•Name & ID
•Screenshot Function

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
Credit for the original creation of the program goes to DracoHouston
check the number of values stored in a tag, and if the size field contains 2 save it as 1 Y and make the 2nd number equal Z, then save it like that when they save, so it just eats the old format and spits out new ones

Calzone

Pokémon Ranger
It's still suffering from a bug where it can't open some map files. elmlab for example, wont open, windows gives an error like "Pokemon3DMapMaker has stopped running..." and then it crashes, it seems to work fine on maps that were built on the computer that you're trying to open them with, but otherwise it mostly wont open them. Besides that reoccurring bug, great job :D

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
It's still suffering from a bug where it can't open some map files. elmlab for example, wont open, windows gives an error like "Pokemon3DMapMaker has stopped running..." and then it crashes, it seems to work fine on maps that were built on the computer that you're trying to open them with, but otherwise it mostly wont open them. Besides that reoccurring bug, great job :D
Hmmm, I don't think i've ever encountered this bug. Maybe you could describe it in more detail?

Calzone

Pokémon Ranger
Alright, so I can open Pokeditor just fine, it starts on the new map template, then I click load and load, say, 'elmlab.DAT' and it gives me this:
Any map that I make and save on my computer opens just fine like it should, but there's a lot of maps that give me that problem, all of my files are in the right places and everything, I've already checked.

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
Alright, so I can open Pokeditor just fine, it starts on the new map template, then I click load and load, say, 'elmlab.DAT' and it gives me this:
Any map that I make and save on my computer opens just fine like it should, but there's a lot of maps that give me that problem, all of my files are in the right places and everything, I've already checked.
Ah! Right. I guess I didn't completely fix this problem. Try redownloading, cause I don't know when you downloaded. If that doesn't work, I have the solution :p

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
I actually did download it just today :p But I'll do it again, thanks for working on it!
Lol oh no problem, its a blast to play with. I am working on some UI features soon.
If it still doesn't open the files, check the Size tag that was the problem before. I thought i fixed it though.

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
Ha, yeah I bet it is :D Size tag you say? I haven't been checking the updates since 0.28, is the tag on the map or the editor?
Its a map tag. In Draco's post you see an explanation of it. You have to open the map file with notepad or any other text editor.
Then you gotta find ALL of the tags and add a 1 in there.
So:
{"Size"{intArr[2,5]}}
becomes:
{"Size"{intArr[2,1,5]}}
I will work on a fix when i get the chance. Right now im working on school.

Calzone

Pokémon Ranger
Heh, nah, I'll just write up a quick Python script, I think Python can work arrays like that... anyway, I got it for now, but thanks for the promised fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.