• There isn't very much activity here anymore. We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

[Modding Questions] Have a question about modding? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
is there any way to make your pokemon level up without grinding?? Rare candy mods?
You can edit your party.dat file 2 ways.
I suggest this way:
Open: Pokemon/Saves/<playername>
Then open "party.dat"
You will see a list of your pokemon with a bunch of annoying code.
Find something along the lines of "experience"
Change that number to a bunch, go fight a pidgey and have fun :D

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
Ok. That helped but do you know where to go that decides what pokemon give out what ammount of expierence when defeated.
That can be edited on each pokemon.
You go here:
Pokemon/Content/Pokemon/Data
And you find the national Pokedex # of the pokemon and edit their "Base Exp" I believe. But its kind of a hassle :p

DracoHouston

Kolben Developer
Contributor
Ok. That helped but do you know where to go that decides what pokemon give out what ammount of expierence when defeated.
That can be edited on each pokemon.
You go here:
Pokemon/Content/Pokemon/Data
And you find the national Pokedex # of the pokemon and edit their "Base Exp" I believe. But its kind of a hassle :p
i think she's onto something. you could edit like, rattata, hoppip and pidgey to have like 999 base exp (just pulling a number out of my arse here, i dont know if there is an upper limit on XP) and beat them up a bit

be aware that the less pokemon you fight the lower your EVs are going to be so while leveling a bit at the start might help you be ahead of the gym leaders on levels you might want to stop cheating after you get them to 16 or w/e

Prince Vade

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
How I can change the starters?
The start choices can be found in the directory:
Pokemon/Scripts
3 files.
"Bulbasaur"
"Charmander"
"Squirtle"
You'll want to open these up with notepad or a similar program and find the following line:
@Action:GetPokemon(152,5,As a gift from Prof. Elm,5,at New Bark Town)
The 152 will depend on which one you open.
Change the 152 from any national dex number of the pokemon you want. For example, if you want treecko, it would be 255

Joys

Bug Catcher
I tried to scale the main menu buttons on x2.
All I did was resize for two times the original size and tell the game (on exceptions.dat) that I want it doubled.
It does change but the offset of every "tile" seems at least a bit off, specially for the corner icons (like the content pack access button), which is treated completely wrong. Instead of showing the new "pokeball" corner icon, the bottom-mid part of a text button is shown.
How come?

This is the content pack folder, zipped: Joys.zip (all it contains is the folder strutcture with a menu.png in the right place)

Katosen

Trainer
I tried to scale the main menu buttons on x2.
All I did was resize for two times the original size and tell the game (on exceptions.dat) that I want it doubled.
It does change but the offset of every "tile" seems at least a bit off, specially for the corner icons (like the content pack access button), which is treated completely wrong. Instead of showing the new "pokeball" corner icon, the bottom-mid part of a text button is shown.
How come?

This is the content pack folder, zipped: Joys.zip (all it contains is the folder strutcture with a menu.png in the right place)

Have you tried to maybe scale it to 1.5 times instead of a full 2 if the script supports it? You may have increased the size by a bit much if the tiles are offset with their actions.

Joys

Bug Catcher
I have triple checked and the scaling is exactly double the original size. Also the engine cannot take decimals or it will crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.