• There isn't very much activity here anymore. We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

[Modding Questions] Have a question about modding? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daziman

Champion
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
how can I replace the Map files with the ContentPack feature, I add the .dat file in a folder called "maps", but it didn't change the map :(

Splint

Gym Leader
Contributor
how can I replace the Map files with the ContentPack feature, I add the .dat file in a folder called "maps", but it didn't change the map :(
Not implemented yet that is part of the mod feature that needs to be implemented

DracoHouston

Kolben Developer
Contributor
i'd love to give you an answer but i literally looked at nil's changes to it and i have NO IDEA what he's doing with maps, like none at all hahahah

the diea was we'd have another system very similar to how content packs work except mods replace more than the content folder, they replace the pokemon folder.

Sykes

Starting Trainer
Question:
Hey guys, I need a little help. I have been working on my own personal small mod just for fun but I have hit a bit of a snag. Now in the mod I have the professor stop you like Oak does in Red and Blue, and I have him lead the player to his laboratory. The player then warps into the laboratory. Now underneath the laboratory I have placed a hidden professor. Is there anyway that when I warp into the laboratory I can have the hidden professor move from position
5, -2, 1 to 5, 0, 1 and then remain there permanently?

Prior Knowledge:
Not a lot. I think I need to do something with registering or unregistering somehting. I looked into the Kurt scripts since I noticed that the multiple Kurt's were done with moving them from under the house to into the house for each different one and that it was done by registering one thing and unregistering and removing another. But the register thing completely confuses me at the moment. This is my first time modding anything and I have done everything else so far by just playing around with the dat files and seeing what happens. But this has me stumped.

Question Answered:
Yes! Thank you so much Darkfire!

Darkfire

Administrator
Administrator
P3D Developer
there is the @Warp command
that only works if you are already on the map
otherwise use the @NPC command
Code:
@NPC:register(elmlab.dat|1|remove|1)
it is:Map name, sprite index(look in the map file each NPC is given an index on each map), command(remove or position), details(either 1 or the position you want it to go to)

Sykes

Starting Trainer
Hey guys, I have two questions this time.

My first question is, how do you go about setting which battle map a battle takes place on? I would like a battle to take place on a custom battle map I built, but I don't know how to set things up so that when the battle begins it takes place on that battle map.

My second question is, can some one explain to me the NPC walking commands? I have some simple town NPC's I would like to have just walk around, but I have failed miserably, they just stand there. I have them all set on Walk but they still don't walk. Do I need to input something in recArr?

Darkfire

Administrator
Administrator
P3D Developer
2)look at the goldenrod.dat NPCs to get an idea
I havent really worked with them at all so i don't know for sure but i think there are 4 variable there
play with them

looking into your first Q now

DracoHouston

Kolben Developer
Contributor
Hey guys, I have two questions this time.

My first question is, how do you go about setting which battle map a battle takes place on? I would like a battle to take place on a custom battle map I built, but I don't know how to set things up so that when the battle begins it takes place on that battle map.

My second question is, can some one explain to me the NPC walking commands? I have some simple town NPC's I would like to have just walk around, but I have failed miserably, they just stand there. I have them all set on Walk but they still don't walk. Do I need to input something in recArr?
battle map is set by putting a map file in the same relative place inside /maps/battle/ so if your map is /maps/gyms/cianwood_gym.dat its battle map must be at /maps/battle/gyms/cianwood_gym.dat

players pokemon stand at 11,0,13, opponent's pokemon at 14,0,13

move rectangle says where npcs move

Sykes

Starting Trainer
Yeah it defaults to one of the route battle maps. Thank you guys both for taking time to answer my questions! The help is most appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.