The ULTIMATE Step-By-Step description to downloading Pokemon3D
Welcome, if you are reading this it means that you are either new to the installment of P3D, or are having any kind of difficulty in installing the game.
This guide will give you an elaborate step-by-step description on how you can easily download and start playing this game.
If you (for any reason) are still encountering any difficulties in launching the game, please refer to the following forum board with your issue: http://pokemon3d.net/forum/forums/6/
Basic information BEFORE DownloadPokémon 3D is an open source fan game for personal PC systems, for it to run properly you need to download 2 things:
- The Pokemon3D game files: This contains the entire game data. It is basically the download of the entire game and can be downloaded from Github.
- OpenAL Framework: This is a software installment that will run the game for you. It is necessary to properly open and play the game.
I would personally recommend to create a new folder in downloads or on your desktop in which you can put all your P3D related stuff. Keep it clean and organized!
If you intend on playing online, you are also required to create a Gamejolt account. This account will save your online account and allows for the interaction with other players on multiplayer servers.
1: Getting started. Downloads: P3D Game FilesTo download the Pokemon3D game files, click on the upcoming link. This will instantly download the latest version of P3D as a .zip file.
Note: the current version is 0.55.1. Please check the discord whether any new version have been released before downloading this version at: http://www.discord.me/p3d
- Download the Pokemon3D game file by clicking on the following link: Download here!
- This will start the download of the .zip file. You should see the following appear:
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Once finished, find the file in your downloads; right click on the file and select "unpack". This will start unpacking the .zip file to the actual mapped game.
- After unpacking, you should be in possession of the following files:
- Done! That wasn't too hard, was it?
2: Getting started. Downloads: OpenAL FrameworkAs mentioned, the OpenAL framework is needed to properly run P3D. To install, follow the following steps:
- Click on the following link to install the OpenAL Framework: https://www.openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip
- This will start the download of oalinst in its .zip formation.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Once finished, find the file in your downloads; right click on the file and select "unpack". This will create the following file:
- Click on the unpacked oalinst. This will open the installment of OpenAL. Read the licence agreement if you feel like doing so and click ok
- Once installed it will will notify you. You can click on "ok", after which it will close itself.
3: Getting started. GamejoltGamejolt is a website that moderates online accounts of the players. P3D allows for the use of multiplayer and ensures that your account is hack-proof and always retrievable through gamejolt. You can create a free account through the following link:
- Visit the website through the following link: https://gamejolt.com
- Click on "Sign up" and create a free account.
- Once validated through your email, the only thing you need for multiplayer is your game token. This can be found by clicking on your account in the upper right corner:
4: Getting started. Launching P3DWe 're good so far? Great! Time to launch and begin P3D.
As explained in step 1, you should have an unpacked file named "Release". If you open this file you will find a full list of maps and files. The ONLY thing of interest is the small green image in the form of a tree. This is the game's launcher. Double clicking on this will start up the game:
Once launched, you will find yourself on the main menu. Activate your online account by clicking on the Gamejolt login. For offline play click on New Game.
Clicking on the Gamejolt login will ask you for your login credentials. Enter your Username and Gamejolt token.
To start playing you can simply add any of the online servers by clicking Add. The official server credentials are as follows:
The Official Pokémon 3D Server IP: karp.pokemon3d.net:15124 (or 126.96.36.199:15124)
This is the official server, and the one the staff recommends using for public interaction. This server is in a state of testing and constant updating, so it may go down sometimes. If there are any problems with the server, please alert the staff on Discord.
More online servers can be found on the official P3D discord: http://www.discord.me/p3d at #About.
If you have succeeded in this step you can officially join the community and start your own online adventure in the world of P3D! Great work!
15.8 KB Views: 11
15 KB Views: 12