• There isn't very much activity here anymore. We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

Fixed stuck in slowpoke well .24.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETomas

Bug Catcher
So, leaving the well after clearing all the grunts, I kinda fell through around the first set of steps. I'm not sure what to do, I thought I could maybe edit my game save file or something to give myself an escape rope but I'm not sure how to do that.

Darkfire

Administrator
Administrator
P3D Developer
to get out you will need to edit the save file position
make sure you have saved and exited the game
goto where ever you have the game files
goto /pokemon/saves/<save name>/player.dat
edit the second number in the second line to 0.1
save and close the file
start the game
hit load(not continue)
and you should be fine

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
I thought I did...
At least it hasn't its origin in the shaking camera.

ETomas can you maybe tell the Y coordinate of your player after falling down? Or attach a screenshot with the F3 screen activated.

Cartigan

Fisherman
Like I said. I don't know how difficult it would be, but values should be constrained so they can't go negative.

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
You have to be able to go below 0 when the map has slides that go down from 0.
There's a problem that needs to get fixed.
This bug would happen with slides that lead from 2 to 1 also. You would get to height 0.

Cartigan

Fisherman
I see. I didn't realize the final value dropped below 0.
It seems to be happening on this particular set of stairs more often than others so maybe it has something to do with here specifically.

Tornado9797

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
It seems to be happening on this particular set of stairs more often than others so maybe it has something to do with here specifically.
Not necessarily, I've had this happen when I walked down the stairs in Dark Cave (yes, there are stairs there, but you can't normally get to them), this is a universal problem.

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
Not necessarily, I've had this happen when I walked down the stairs in Dark Cave (yes, there are stairs there, but you can't normally get to them), this is a universal problem.
True that.
But did it happen once in the player's house? There are stairs, too.
Again, I would really appreciate it if someone could do some testings on this and present the results here because I don't really know what could cause this.

Cartigan

Fisherman
Sure, it may have happened elsewhere, but I think it has happened at these specific stairs to like everyone at least once. Though I couldn't offhand think what would cause it one place more than others. And what are slides?

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
Sure, it may have happened elsewhere, but I think it has happened at these specific stairs to like everyone at least once. Though I couldn't offhand think what would cause it one place more than others. And what are slides?
Why are you asking? :p The internal name of stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.