• There isn't very much activity here anymore. We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

1 Year Later 3D

GameMode 1 Year Later 3D 0.12

No permission to download

Fanta

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
v0.54.1 will have an alternate XNA release, which will support all gamemode music files back again just as v0.53.3
Not dead, been very busy at work and other things have been brought up so I haven't been working on 1YL3D as much as I should... but have recently been working on it and fixed alot of bugs I totally missed. such as the bed not healing you and other things...
also working towards another balance update. though the difficulty is nice, but it has been making people not play anymore... so im doing some more fine tuning on levels and stat changes on enemy trainers and some bosses.
also fixed some issues with the odd weather placements appearing out of no where. like a town is clear skies, the battle in it has it snowing....
so I found a work around so its been smooth sailing so far from the tests I made.

as for Chapter 2? thats taking some more time...
theres still no way for me to upgrade the song files to Monogame's OGG files...
its the only thing thats stopping me to migrating 53.3 to 54...

still no word from the team so i've been doing work on 53.3 exclusively till thats been settled...
really want that move all pokemon to storage script thats in 54... cant progress the story without it...

anyway, just to let you guys know whats been going on.
look forward to a Dev Let's Play on his own Gamemode. probably... dont get your hopes up.
till then, Have a good day! > x<;;;
XNA build is not a solution as it would force the user to choose a version depending on which game modes and content packs they want to use.
this will create more work for the gamemode/content pack developers as they would need to support both versions especially the monogame version since it is the official version of the game.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
Steady progress so far, been adjusting cutscene camera and integrating more of the Sprite Gestures that Eliza and Noel have to other NPCs. looks good and fits well with the conversations.
also fixed some bugs too...
every fix I make seem to create hidden bugs I later find.. but oh well, it happens..

besides from that, there has been some Music Ideas in Chapter 2 Bosses and other story events.
one of those is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2so80o8i3kiogrg/Story+Boss.mp3
It plays on a important part of the story, where Chapter 3 becomes a very interesting part of the game.
but then again... I need gto see how things go as I get to that point. so ideas being thrown all over the place...

besides music and such, I did mention a balance update on a previous discussion.
maybe not today, but somewhere tomorrow I'll upload the update to 0.12, it contains some MUST needed fixes and balances throughout the game.
while im at it, as im updating, I'll throw in something at the end of Chapter 2. or something else...I should finally add secrets to the main story of 1YL3D as a whole, such as notes.

anyway, thanks for reading! it isnt much, but an update is an update! > x<

PS: Oscar's Design
fgttr.png

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
Shou Liengod updated 1 Year Later 3D with a new update entry:

Bug Fix & Balance Update

as the title has stated, Bugs that has been earthed are now fixed!
including some much needed stat adjustments throughout the database. which battles became a bit relaxed, but still will kick your rear if your not careful! > --<

I also added the installers that are required to play 1YL3D,such as XNA Framework, which have been removed on the main website...
I even created an original Shortcut image so you wont get confused with your own Pokemon 3D game ^ -^
like always, place your save files...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support

Fanta

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
When 1YL3D is done, will there be a server for it? I know this probably was answered before, I just wanna make sure.
We have plans to officially support more gamemodes on the official server and the ability for the endorsed gamemodes to use gamejolt functionality.

Fanta

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
Am I able to play 1YL3D on the official server at the moment or do I have to wait awhile until I'm able to do so?
Sadly, the developer of this gamemode stopped working on it, I don't believe that we'd be supporting incomplete and discontinued gamemodes.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
and so, I have moved on from 1YL3D, i went to go do better things...
right now im currently making a new project from scratch, hopefully everyone who plays it will enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
and so, I have moved on from 1YL3D, i went to go do better things...
right now im currently making a new project from scratch, hopefully everyone who plays it will enjoy it!
I LOVE this gamemode! I was hoping to see more of it, but, I understand. I will play it to the end of the game though! It's really fun, and it makes Pokemon a little more fun and harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
I LOVE this gamemode! I was hoping to see more of it, but, I understand. I will play it to the end of the game though! It's really fun, and it makes Pokemon a little more fun and harder.
thanks! sorry for not continuing it.. i guess i just got burnt out from pokemon.
but I am making a RPG from scratch with the similar difficulty, but with needless grinding. i'll try to make the game with a 3D environment but 2D sprites too, so it'll feel right at home.

I'll post a status update the more i go about the game. i honestly dont like the structure that is RPG Maker MV... but for a basis? its not that bad.
the scripting is pretty easy to understand overall, hopefully I can change it in a way where it'll be an enjoyable experience! and unique too...

as for my sprites and art, I've improved quite a bit.
this is the main character of the new game
Heroes - Copy.png

cute aint he?
its his HP Bar Portrait, kinda like how you would see in "Kingdom Hearts" or in any of the "Tales of'
Separate from his actual Conversation Portrait and Profile Portrait. (which is alot of work...)

as for the rest of the characters, Im really trying to get them right, you can actually see them in my Twitter or my Patreon, but in the early stages right now.

other then that, I hope the future is kind to me...

thanks! sorry for not continuing it.. i guess i just got burnt out from pokemon.
but I am making a RPG from scratch with the similar difficulty, but with needless grinding. i'll try to make the game with a 3D environment but 2D sprites too, so it'll feel right at home.

I'll post a status update the more i go about the game. i honestly dont like the structure that is RPG Maker MV... but for a basis? its not that bad.
the scripting is pretty easy to understand overall, hopefully I can change it in a way where it'll be an enjoyable experience! and unique too...

as for my sprites and art, I've improved quite a bit.
this is the main character of the new game
View attachment 11498
cute aint he?
its his HP Bar Portrait, kinda like how you would see in "Kingdom Hearts" or in any of the "Tales of'
Separate from his actual Conversation Portrait and Profile Portrait. (which is alot of work...)

as for the rest of the characters, Im really trying to get them right, you can actually see them in my Twitter or my Patreon, but in the early stages right now.

other then that, I hope the future is kind to me...
It's fine for not continuing it. I hope that your new project is just as good or even better than 1YL3D. When it does come out, I will download it immanently and play it.