• There isn't very much activity here anymore. We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

1 Year Later 3D

GameMode 1 Year Later 3D 0.12

No permission to download

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
ok, some decent progress has been made for chapter 2, and right now i put a small stop to it and work on the start of the game a bit. this time you'll start as normal, but then the voice will tell you, "Here, Let me show you something", or something like that, and will transition to a character you dont know. you'll play as a masked person looking for someone. then when a couple of things happened, it'll go back to the dream.
this way you can have a better idea of the story better then before!
so that in mind. I hope you'll be looking forward to it!

oh and dont worry, for those of you that have already progressed, this will not effect your save game at all. you could restart, but that would be dumb because how hard 1YL3D is. dont want to lose your progress...
but if you want to see the full new intro, I'll post it on my Youtube Channel so you can see it for yourself when its done. so no restarting! :D

ok, back to work. need to finish this!
oh and...
Unknown Man.png

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
i noticed something, i forgot how it feels to "play" a pokemon game, and just made the game difficult just to feel like a normal, run in the mill trainer thats easy to beat without thought, unless he/she starts playing like a jrpg game, which is the main draw i went in for 1YL3D. a game that focus on critical thinking, and defense play that not alot of people do in the Pokemon Community. I understand to see a Pangoro at level 5 is absurd, but listen, how can i make a story with characters that already has pokemon, most likely their starter, battle you in the best way?
the thought of that was Level Syncing. your opponents Sync their pokemon levels roughly around you so you dont feel overpowered, and be fair enough that is beatable and not too easy either.
one of the best example was the Pangoro. 3 "Let's Players" commented on the exact thing stating: it doesnt make sense, why is it so hard?
mostly stated what i said above, theres always people playing pokemon how its meant to be played. easy, casually, and less thought on fighting battles unless its called for, which is VERY RARE.
Tomorrow, Pokemon Sun and Moon will be released... and decided,I will be playing the game how 1YL3D is played. hopefully this will give me some insight on how to improve 1YL3D as a overall game.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
oh hey the Engine updated!
the changelog stats that alot of problems i had with 1YL3D are now fixed!
this should make things easier now ^ -^

Zvijezda24

Pokémon Ranger
I'm not sure what's causing it, but my game crashes often when walking in grass. If important, it's really frequent in R 46. Crash log's included. If something I'm doing (e.g. playing on a server) is the problem, sorry for fake alarm.

Attachments

J

jianmingyong

I'm not sure what's causing it, but my game crashes often when walking in grass. If important, it's really frequent in R 46. Crash log's included. If something I'm doing (e.g. playing on a server) is the problem, sorry for fake alarm.
It seem like the poke file is corrupted or messed up with typos.
I am also updating patch version to match latest update.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
well your playing on a server with 1YL3D, that alone can break things, its designed for a 1 Player Experience.
also, dont try to move the gamemode to the new update, as of right now the new update broke alot of things on 1YL3D that needs to be fixed.
so this may be sometime...

Zvijezda24

Pokémon Ranger
well your playing on a server with 1YL3D, that alone can break things, its designed for a 1 Player Experience.
also, dont try to move the gamemode to the new update, as of right now the new update broke alot of things on 1YL3D that needs to be fixed.
so this may be sometime...
Alright, thanks for the info!

Zvijezda24

Pokémon Ranger
Sorry I'm boring already, buuut I wanted to interact with my following pokémon and it asked me do I want to surf on the bridge in R32. SURF. I mean, I don't have the move on my foongus? Also, I don't think it's supposed to be like that? My friend couldn't do it. And I seem to be able to cut back my view in f5 A LOT. Even so the terrain dissappears. I've managed to do the both things on a server, but my friend also tried on (the same) server. Didn't work.

Anyway, I noticed a while bunch of outdated and grammaticaly incorrect lines. If you need help correcting those, I'm always open! ^-^

Last edited:

Tornado9797

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
Sorry I'm boring already, buuut I wanted to interact with my following pokémon and it asked me do I want to surf on the bridge in R32. SURF. I mean, I don't have the move on my foongus? Also, I don't think it's supposed to be like that? My friend couldn't do it. And I seem to be able to cut back my view in f5 A LOT. Even so the terrain dissappears. I've managed to do the both things on a server, but my friend also tried on (the same) server. Didn't work.

Anyway, I noticed a while bunch of outdated and grammaticaly incorrect lines. If you need help correcting those, I'm always open! ^-^
You have sandbox mode on. You can turn that off by looking at your save file's player.dat file and changing the sandbox line near the bottom.

Tornado9797

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
That's automatically turned on in this gamemode? Because I don't remember I ever enabled it..
I don't think GameModes can do that, but I can infer that's what happened based on what you've told me (unlimited scroll back on F5, use HM regardless of ownership).

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
i dont know how you managed to do that, but where ever you are, your not supposed to be there...

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
Not dead, been very busy at work and other things have been brought up so I haven't been working on 1YL3D as much as I should... but have recently been working on it and fixed alot of bugs I totally missed. such as the bed not healing you and other things...
also working towards another balance update. though the difficulty is nice, but it has been making people not play anymore... so im doing some more fine tuning on levels and stat changes on enemy trainers and some bosses.
also fixed some issues with the odd weather placements appearing out of no where. like a town is clear skies, the battle in it has it snowing....
so I found a work around so its been smooth sailing so far from the tests I made.

as for Chapter 2? thats taking some more time...
theres still no way for me to upgrade the song files to Monogame's OGG files...
its the only thing thats stopping me to migrating 53.3 to 54...

still no word from the team so i've been doing work on 53.3 exclusively till thats been settled...
really want that move all pokemon to storage script thats in 54... cant progress the story without it...

anyway, just to let you guys know whats been going on.
look forward to a Dev Let's Play on his own Gamemode. probably... dont get your hopes up.
till then, Have a good day! > x<;;;

Capt_Segis

Engine Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
as for Chapter 2? thats taking some more time...
theres still no way for me to upgrade the song files to Monogame's OGG files...
its the only thing thats stopping me to migrating 53.3 to 54...
v0.54.1 will have an alternate XNA release, which will support all gamemode music files back again just as v0.53.3