Backing Up and Organizing my Files

First, when i downloaded the game i didn't get no pages on internet explorer or anything like that.
So i was just wondering how do i make a backup because i don't wanna mess up my game.
My main reason for this post is because every update i have to re-download all the files. because of that i have two locations for the files. is there a way to organize the files together so that way when the next update comes out (i think it was today) i don't have do have 3 folders of the same thing.
Update#2 is in my downloads

Update#1 is in my Documents

thankyou for the help.

J

jianmingyong

W
First, when i downloaded the game i didn't get no pages on internet explorer or anything like that.
So i was just wondering how do i make a backup because i don't wanna mess up my game.
My main reason for this post is because every update i have to re-download all the files. because of that i have two locations for the files. is there a way to organize the files together so that way when the next update comes out (i think it was today) i don't have do have 3 folders of the same thing.
Update#2 is in my downloads

Update#1 is in my Documents

thankyou for the help.
why can't you update your game using the launcher instead? It would not impose such problems.

J

jianmingyong

I do use the launcher, im not sure why it saved it to a different area.
The problem is... If you move the launcher, it will download it on a different place.

You might want to make sure that you do not move the launcher around or you might also lost your offline saves as well.

( Otherwise, you might have set the launcher to download it in a different place in the settings )

Fanta

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
Just move the launcher to a new folder, download the game via that launcher, and only backup the "save" folder, you don't need to back up anything else and you should only update via the launcher.
I highly recommended you to make a gamejolt account if you don't have that yet, with that you don't even need to backup anything.

Just move the launcher to a new folder, download the game via that launcher, and only backup the "save" folder, you don't need to back up anything else and you should only update via the launcher.
I highly recommended you to make a gamejolt account if you don't have that yet, with that you don't even need to backup anything.
alrighy I'll try this later today when i jump on.