Pokémon 3D Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Generator Development

J

jianmingyong

Hi everyone, this is where I will upload some video that I develop.
It is a gamemode feature that I have develop and it should come in handy.

If you are interested in the scripts I have made for this generator, you can take a sneak peek at https://github.com/jianmingyong/Pok...on Universal 3D/Scripts/System/MysteryDungeon.

Now for the real thing. This is the first test of a room being generated.
It could be slow due to the script limitation but nevertheless it should be fair enough to call it fast.

The reason is because...
This algorithm is remade in such a way that everytime the script runs, it will prepare 10 walls to be remove and repeat the process.
Depending on the size of each room, it would take slightly longer time to remove.

The old algorithm that I made is much slower as it remove row by row. So if the room is 5x5, it will need to run 5 times while the new algorithm run 2.5 times.

J

jianmingyong

I have tested the current version speed. It took 46 seconds to run 2500 times of detecting entity blocks.
Let's have a speed test on the next version.

J

jianmingyong

Here is the anticipating Pokémon 3D Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Generator Preview part 2 with four rooms being generated.
I did some minor adjustment which lower the requirement to check dozen of entity. Now it takes........ about 25 seconds!

Fanta

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator

Here is the anticipating Pokémon 3D Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Generator Preview part 2 with four rooms being generated.
I did some minor adjustment which lower the requirement to check dozen of entity. Now it takes........ about 25 seconds!
takes about 1-2 secs on the test client of the next version.

J

jianmingyong

I have made 8 rooms and it work smoothly... now I need a plan how to create pathways....

J

jianmingyong

The script that dig walls now compatible with pathways.

Now I need a perfect plan to get this thing work.

Even then, the script now can even kill the most smartest brain out of it. I am sure they are messy and complex due to the way I created the variables to be consistent and non colliding to P3D gamemode or any other gamemode.