• There isn't very much activity here anymore. We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

Fixed Ground types affected by Thunder Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevoidLight

Gym Leader
My Wooper (Water, Ground) was just paralyzed by a Mareep's Thunder Wave. Since Wooper is part ground type Thunder Wave should have had no effect.

Edit: I also just managed to hit a Gastly with Supersonic. Not sure whether that is intentional or not though.

TrainerRed

Pokémon Ranger
My Wooper (Water, Ground) was just paralyzed by a Mareep's Thunder Wave. Since Wooper is part ground type Thunder Wave should have had no effect.

Edit: I also just managed to hit a Gastly with Supersonic. Not sure whether that is intentional or not though.
I do not think that immunity for Pokemon such as Wooper has been added yet. I imagine that will eventually be added, though it is a possibility that it could not be working properly right now.

Gastly can be confused via the use of supersonic, so that is not a bug.

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
I have no idea how that works out then: Growl can affect Ghost types but Thunderwave cannot affect Ground types? Or does immunity apply here, too? Because I heard that things like Sandattack can be used on Flying type Pokémon.

Darkfire

Administrator
Administrator
P3D Developer
things that change stats affect anyone
moves that give an ailment are considered "Damaging" i guess because they are affected by immunities

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
moves that give an ailment are considered "Damaging" i guess because they are affected by immunities
hm that isn't compatible with my system XD
I will just set a flag for moves that aren't affected by immunity.

Darkfire

Administrator
Administrator
P3D Developer
but with 0 power wouldn't the move do something *0 damage and thus do no damage?

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
but with 0 power wouldn't the move do something *0 damage and thus do no damage?
There quite more to do with a move before calculating damage.
And to change that all, it would take more time than just not calculating the ineffectiveness.
I just have to set a flag to false in growl and the other moves.

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
Also, all moves that cause stats like attack and accuracy to fall/rise aren't affected, right? Any other you can remember?

Also, the flags are pretty easy to implement since I've implemented the flag itself with the move struggle already.

Darkfire

Administrator
Administrator
P3D Developer
okay
and what I meant was that at some point the damage would multiply and cancel everything out but i guess not?

Darkfire

Administrator
Administrator
P3D Developer
I don't remember for sure which ones but i can test stuff for you if you can't find it online

nilllzz

Kolben Developer
Administrator
P3D Developer
it would still say stuff like " it's super effective" the trainer AI would handle them different and all that stuff.
To difficult. Why not just add the flag that is already there?
Also:
Dim damage As Integer = CInt((((((2 * p.Level / 5 + 2) * AttackStat * AttackPower / DefenseStat) / 50) * mod1) + 2) * STAB * Weakness * RandomNumber * CH / 100)

Status
Not open for further replies.