| The kolben team staff, has from now (2016-09-02) discontinued work on this project and handed it over to a group of volunteers on Github. The project will be open source, and you can help develop it from now on. Check out the repo here.
"Why?" you might ask. We have unfortunatly lost interest in continuing development on Pokémon 3D. Also Nintendo of America Inc. sent a DMCA takedown notice to Gamejolt (where this game was hosted) and asked them to remove all games related to Nintendo's work. Read the full DMCA here.
Major Update News (Indev 0.54):
New Engine Features:
- Switched from XNA Framework to Monogame.
- Pokémon 3D now requires OpenAL to be played.
- Temporarily changed the mini font to Verdana.
- Temporarily fixed a Monogame related music looping bug (BREAKS CONTENT PACK MUSIC)
- Reduced the lag on the join server screen.
- Implemented the ability to choose which Pokémon to switch in after one faints.
- Players can now choose his/her lead Pokémon in PvP battles.
- Implemented Mega Evolutions and their functionality.
- Changed the order of passive damage, alongside other field effects.
- Implemented roaming Pokémon indicators for the world map.
- Implemented several new moves, Pokémon, abilities, and items.
- Updated the battle system, including weather field effects, for Generation VI mechanics.
- Implemented several new map and script features.
- Implemented the ability to use Ctrl + X to cut portions of the chat.
- Implemented effort value training items and their functionality.
- Implemented the following moves: Foul Play, Sticky Web, Volt Switch, Steam Eruption, Freeze Dry, Secret Sword, Sacred Sword, Circle Throw, Frost Breath, V-Create, Bolt Strike, Blue Flare, Infestation, Roar of Time, Autotomize, Magnet Rise, and Trick Room.
- Implemented the Regenerator and Imposter abilities.
- Implemented the following items: Light Clay, Damp Rock, Heat Rock, Smooth Rock, Icy Rock, various value training items, Macho Brace, and Mega Ring.
- Released Light Clay, Macho Brace, Cameruptite, incense items, and Damp Rock.
- Released the technical machines for Scald, Brine, Focus Blast, Stealth Rock, Dark Pulse, Safeguard, Swagger, False Swipe, Reflect, and Light Screen.
- Released the Empty Sea Map.
- Released the following Pokémon: Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Litleo, Pyroar, Clauncher, Clawitzer, Skrelp, Dragalge, Manaphy, Binacle, and Barbaracle.
- Added new map action tags.
- Added @Pokemon.AddToStorage().
- Added @Pokemon.SendToStorage().
- Removed custom item support.
- Revised water tiles.
New Story Features:
- Content Packs require a full game restart before taking effect.
List of bug fixes/changes:
- Fix Snorlax sleeping bug.
- Fix Sleep related moves bug.
- Two achievement compensation added.
- Fix Ho-oh to go away!
- Fix Machine part become gym leader.
- Fix Game crash upon clearing radio tower or its similar events..
- Removed april fool and halloween holiday theme.
- Fix Pickpocket ability.
To see version history earlier than Indev 0.53.3, then please consult this wiki's Version History page.
- Updating Template data to V3.