Through out the world of Pokemon there are many important people who will be encountered in many different ways and times. These people may help you like Prof. Elm, battle you like your Rival, or are out to cause havoc like Team Rocket.
The player is the character whose perspective the game is played from.
At the beginning of the game after choosing your Starter your rival will obtain the Starter who has a type advantage to yours. They will then challenge you multiple times throughout the story line becoming one of the strongest trainers you face in the game.
Believing they are ready, four of the executives take charge of team and begin their comeback culminating in their invasion of the Radio Tower. After the interim boss, Executive Archer is defeated he will disband Team Rocket once again. A small portion that team will follow Executive Proton and cause problems in Kanto and the Sevii Islands in their attempts to capture Mewtwo.
The Elite Four are four of the strongest trainers in the Johto Region. They must be beaten in a row with no chances to get more items or to use a Pokemon Center before being allowed to face the Champion
- Mom - The mother of the Player who gives them the Pokegear and takes care of the house while they are gone.
- Mr. Pokemon - A collector of rare Pokemon items who lives on Route 30. he is the reason that Professor Elm gives you a Pokemon as he needs you to run an errand to retrieve a Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon.
- Eusine - A Mysterious man who is friends with Gym Leader Morty. He is a Suicune fanatic and follows the Suicune, and thus the Player throughout Johto.
- Elder Li - the head of a group of sages who reside in the Sprout Tower. Presents a challenge for starting trainers to test them selves against.
- Kimono Girls - A group of five traditional Japanese dancers who are also strong trainers. Each one trains a different evolution of Eevee.
- Lorelei - A former Elite Four member who has retired to Four Island. She recruits the player to help her defeat Team Rocket. If you visit her afterwards she will battle daily.
- Bill - The designer of the Pokemon Storage System who resides by him self at the end of Route 25 in Kanto. He is spending some time in Goldenrod City visiting his family and will give the player an Eevee.
- Kurt - A maker of Poké Balls. He is first encountered when the Player reaches his house in Azalea Town as he is preparing to kick Team Rocket out of the Slowpoke Well. After defeating Team Rocket for him he will make Poké Balls from the Apricorns the Player collects.
- Day Care Couple - the old man and woman who run the Day Care on Route 34. They will take care of two of your Pokemon for 100 + 100 more for every level it grows in their care.
- Nurse Joy - The person in every Pokemon Center who will heal the Player's Pokemon.
- Charcoal Maker - Runs a small Charcoal making business in Azalea Town. He and his assistant use a Farfetch'd to cut down trees in Ilex Forest to turn into charcoal. The Player first meets him after retrieving the Farfetch'd who ran away from his assistant
Radio Tower Personnel
- Director - The Director of the Radio Tower who is kidnapped by Team Rocket and replaced with a disguised Excutive Petrel as part of their plan to take over the Radio Tower. After saving the tower the Director will reward you with either the Rainbow Wing or the Silver Wing.
- Mary - A broadcaster working for the Radio Tower who co-hosts a talk show with Professor Oak.
- Buena - Another Radio Show host.
- DJ Ben - Another Radio Show host.