1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameMode [GameMode Addon] Random Dungeon Generator

Discussion in 'Resource WIP' started by jianmingyong, Sep 26, 2014.

1. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    Since P3D cannot create a random dungeon map like mystery dungeon... I decided to try out something new.
    I have been working on a very simple P3D Action script that generate random rooms everytime you refresh. ( No more static ROOM! )

Eventually I will make this open to everyone and can import this script into any gamemode without rescripting :p
    Currently I have a simple script that does generate one room randomly.

This is the 50 x 50 Map:
    https://github.com/jianmingyong/Pok...meModes/Pokémon Universal 3D/Maps/15/Test.dat

This is the Script:
    https://github.com/jianmingyong/Pok.../Scripts/System/MysteryDungeon/TestRandom.dat

It now only work on my own gamemode ( Pokémon Universal 3D ) until I have done the entire script... ( Or if you are smart enough to dig up the scripts it depend on )

This is an add-on for future if it is that cool enough. Though the limitation is that it takes sometime to generate so you need to be patient :p

2. Alexandersson

Alexandersson Bug Catcher

Credit:
    P851.15
    Gamejolt ID:
    thename
    Hmm.... Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to it!

3. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    ;) Planing to add a multi processing of the generation tiles. ( It would generate much faster this way )

Currently it remove only one tile per room check so... It takes very long to finish 5 rooms.

4. Alexandersson

Alexandersson Bug Catcher

Credit:
    P851.15
    Gamejolt ID:
    thename
    I see. Good luck Jian!

5. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    I have done some random wall generator... Now the room will generate pathways. :p More Rooms and connections coming.

6. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    The code is now being rewritten again as I find that it is buggy with my old and slow check scripts.

Now it would be slightly faster but there are still tons of thing to do before it will work.

The register have been revamped so it would save certain details to make it load able ( isn't this cool? )

7. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    The script is once again rewritten and this time, it should work!