1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest! Why don't you take 30 seconds and Sign up. Once you do you'll be able to connect with the Pokémon 3D community. Please make sure to read our Terms and Rules.

Implemented Zoom In / Out and adjust in third person mode

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Splint, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splint

Splint Gym Leader

• Contributor
    Credit:
    P1,223.75
    Searching trough the forum did not come up with any results regarding this so i would like to suggest a option that allows to zoom in and out of your character while in third person mode preferable using the mouse wheels.

While i like the current third person view it feels like it is to close up or to much centered and needs to be lifted up a bit it would be great if there was a way to adjust these settings.

Zooming in and out could be done using the mouse wheels while adjusting the height of the camera could possibly be done trough the options menu similar to the other controls available there.
    Orion likes this.
  2. DracoHouston

DracoHouston Kolben Developer

• Contributor
    Credit:
    P1,126.00
    3rd person camera is just a 1st person camera behind the character at an offset so cranking up FOV will make it appear like you have zoomed out
  3. MrTimoshi

MrTimoshi Fisherman

Credit:
    P49.50
    I set my FOV to 60. It pushed the camera to a respectable distance and didn't add noticeable distortion to the edges.
  4. Splint

Splint Gym Leader

• Contributor
    Credit:
    P1,223.75
    It is not just the zoom i like to put the camera actually up so it sits higher above the ground and not so much dead center on the back of my characters head and FOV itself wont do that
  5. MrTimoshi

MrTimoshi Fisherman

Credit:
    P49.50
    Ah, okay. I would love to see better camera operation, as well.
  6. DracoHouston

• Contributor
    Credit:
    P1,126.00
    unfortunately for that nilllzz needs to implement an orbiting camera instead of just using an offset, its something that bothers me a lot too. the worst part is you can't look at the ground under your feet in 3rd person, only the ground under the camera.
  7. DracoHouston

• Contributor
    Credit:
    P1,126.00
    i think for orbiting cam you'd make a normal vector (are they the 'unit vectors' in .net? or do you just use some method of vector3 to normalize it?) of the direction the 1st person camera would need to point and move it back a certain offset if possible, before moving you'd make a ray and see if it intersects with walls etc, if so the camera instead should move back along the camera direction only so far as it needs to be to be just outside the wall so it doesn't clip in. when this happens you can make the sprite semitransparent like they go when they bump into things

it also helps if you move the camera up a bit so they are in the bottom half of the screen, giving you a good view of whats in front of you
  8. Daziman

Daziman Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
    • Donator
    • Trusted Support
    Credit:
    P8,418.92
    Gamejolt ID:
    Daziman
    implemented
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.