1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameMode Red & Blue 2015

Discussion in 'Resource WIP' started by endurz, Jan 8, 2015.

1. endurz

endurz Trainer

Credit:
    P589.22
    Gamejolt ID:
    ENDERS
    The Game Mode Folder:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!qRshgBya!HpbxDlck_UDpc2jC3nwlkdOBdd8jLo5hKOKj4UGRWWc

I also created a Content pack to go with it:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!yRlS3RzB!ExqdrhKr7BIeYhg8LYU7bACV62eW0iVyMHtbzWgHysY

Hello everyone,
    About two weeks ago, I began work on a GameMode consisting of a highly accurate recreation of the full games of Red and Blue in their entirety.

I had been turned on to Pokemon 3D by some torrent one of my roommates found recently, and then we all began playing the current default game mode that is Silver and Gold. My initial intention was to play Red and Blue in this this 3D world, as I have been almost completely out of the loop of Pokemon games since then, save it for Diamond and Pearl.

At this point in time the GameMode, as far as maps and scripts are concerned, is mostly complete up to Mt.Moon, and I have recently began the lengthy work of recreating the map files for it from scratch. Using the amazing Kanto files supplied by the default game itself, has proved making this task quite a bit easier.
    After a weeks worth of almost constant work, I was thinking I should share my WIP with you all.

Current GameMode Selection Screen:
    menu.jpg
    Choose:
    rnb2015.jpg
    Custom UI and Redesigned V_Forest:
    [​IMG]
    Kanto Pokedex:
    kantodex.jpg

Pallet Town and all of the scripts involved in recreating it exactly as is in Red and Blue is complete, save for some turn code bugs and minor script holes... Viridian is in a complete playable state. The 1st Gym, all story line scripts and trainers are done up until Mt.Moon.

After all the work done so far, It REALLY is like existing in a 3D version of Red and Blue. It's quite fun playing Red and Blue in 3D on a LAN with my roommates even in its young state.

I would post the GameMode files in their current state for preview/testing here, but I am not sure if I am "allowed".
    I came to to let the community know I was working on this, and would like to know if anyone thinks this is a good idea to keep up with this project overall.
    I was also wondering if this project would be valued and welcomed by the community as a GameMode.

I have many more concepts I have been wanting to work into this game mode, but have been running into some roadblocks concerning how the launcher handles game-modes. Any future support from the community with this would be appreciated. I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the community thus far, vicariously aiding in my research into how the game and files work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Fanta

Fanta Content Developer

• Global Moderator
    • P3D Developer
    Credit:
    P29,321.34
    Gamejolt ID:
    oxtwlxo AKA oXFantaXo
    There's no problem with you posting your gamemode in its current state as long as it is in a working state. I like the idea of your gamemode and since all the maps are already in the game, it shouldn't be too hard to recreate Red&Blue as a gamemode.
    So, good luck and keep up the good work.

If you have any questions, ask them here or in the community support section, people who can help will definitely do.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    endurz likes this.
  3. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    Interesting, red and blue pokemon game recreate.

I love to see it happening since there isn't one.

Honestly speaking, the launcher do not really handle the GameMode. It only allow the game to be launched using it.

Anyway, if you need extra help when you have a problem, our friendly community or I would help you out. :p

endurz likes this.
  4. endurz

endurz Trainer

Credit:
    P589.22
    Gamejolt ID:
    ENDERS
    @Fanta & @jianmingyong I appreciate your reply, and Thank you for the comforting words.

Mt.Moon is coming along nicely, I dread creating the B2 level though, it may be a learning experience... I sure know this map has been:
    [​IMG]

I have so many questions. The first one may be simple:

[​IMG]
    Is there a way for me to make the default Rival name something besides "Silver" by my game-mode files?.... I looked for a way and couldn't find one. :\
    and also:
    Is there a way I could add something like the "@rival.rename" tag used, to the pre-game sequence with Oak, after players choose Name and Skin?
    "Erm, I have a grandson his name is:"

Any help on this question, and more is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

5. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    Stupid iPhone 6 not allowing me to copy paste.... Never mind.

Anyway, for your first question:
    I think you can do this,

@Player.setrivalname(Default Name)
    @Player.renamerival

Or if you want to be more customizable ( but will lack of the image itself )
    You can use

@Screen.input(default name,0,the text that display on the input by default,number of char can we put here in integer)
    @Player.setrivalname(<System.lastinput>)

For your second question:
    You cannot really add that in the main intro sequence. It is hardcoded intro system by nilllzz so it lack of that... You might have to create the in-game intro to be able to do that like the one in Pokémon universal 3D.

endurz likes this.
  6. Fanta

Fanta Content Developer

• Global Moderator
    • P3D Developer
    Credit:
    P29,321.34
    Gamejolt ID:
    oxtwlxo AKA oXFantaXo
    It wouldn't hurt suggesting that in the "Suggestions and feedback forum"

endurz likes this.
  7. endurz

endurz Trainer

Credit:
    P589.22
    Gamejolt ID:
    ENDERS
    Thank you @jianmingyong , that string " @Player.setrivalname(Default Name) " does just fine for my needs for now! I appreciate it!

I may suggest that and some other things in the future there, thanks for the reference @Fanta.

I did a 2 hour Twitch stream of a roommate and I playing the GameMode thus far, on a LAN server.
    You can view that HERE: http://www.twitch.tv/boyoftheenders/b/609225022

I still plan to completely remake the PokeMart and PokeCenters interiors to mimic Red and Blues... I also need to remove the building in Viridian that has trainer battles in the basement. Besdies those couple tweaks everything but the last part of the Mt.Moon map still needs completed. We found a hand full of bugs in the 2 hours of gameplay we got out of what is done so far, they have been fixed as well.
    I am experiencing a crash when I attempt to exit the TOWN MAP's on the walls. It may have something to do with removing Jhoto files somewhere, I still need to fix that.

More content and updates to come.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  8. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    Looking at your stream... I think you could do something about it given the tips below.

Take your time, but it would definitely improve much more.

1. Prof. Oak intro.
    When walking... I would rather make them move together rather than one by one.
    NPC.moveasync(ID,no. of steps)
    Player.move(no.of steps)

2. The Viridian city old man dialogue.
    I think I saw the yes/no then something.....
    If you are making some options, you can do this for example:

@Text.show(Are you busy?)
    @Options.setcancelindex(1)
    @Options.show(Yes,No)
    :when:Yes
    @Text.show(Oh....)
    :when:No
    @Text.show(Oh....)
    :endwhen
    :end

endurz likes this.
  9. Shou Liengod

Shou Liengod Active Member

• Contributor
    • Trusted Support
    Credit:
    P6,587.56
    I Wish you luck! \^ o ^/

endurz likes this.
  10. endurz

endurz Trainer

Credit:
    P589.22
    Gamejolt ID:
    ENDERS
    I have decided that I am unable to continue work on this mod so I wanted to post it here for anyone and everyone who wants to see what I did accomplish:

The Game Mode Folder:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!qRshgBya!HpbxDlck_UDpc2jC3nwlkdOBdd8jLo5hKOKj4UGRWWc

I also created a Content pack to go with it:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!yRlS3RzB!ExqdrhKr7BIeYhg8LYU7bACV62eW0iVyMHtbzWgHysY

You can play Red &/or Blue up until Mount Moon.

Please download it, try it, and if you want, continue my progress!

Thanks for your time!

Conquest likes this.
  11. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Guest

Credit:
    P
    oh no... looks like we need new people to continue this.